Saturday, August 26, 2023

Fog, Haze, And Gray

6:54

7:35

9:24

It's 7:26 and already three or four kayaks are out as well as a couple of fishing boats and our neighbor skiing, so it must be the weekend here at the lake. It's 63º, should get up to the high 70s later and we may have had some rain overnight. The sun has just popped up above the gray and I may have to move to another seat because of its brightness. It's almost 10:0 and I was out paddling for over an hour, across to the Marina, then across to Tom's Point and home. My paddle home was hard once again, as the wind picked up and the lake got choppy and I struggled some, wondering how long it was going to take me. 

Kayak Morning

Clouds Above The Bridge

My Heron

Friday was a  good day because I was able to get some exercise, starting with a good paddle, as always in the morning. So after breakfast and the blog and helping Evie get a few things done around the house, I hitched my bike onto the Outback and drove to Mayville's Lake Park. I then rode both sections of Webb's Trail, tough going, easy coming back. Then I  rode the Mayville asphalt trail to the cemetery and back to my car, close to an hour on my bike. I then stopped at Rite Aid, for a prescription, Tops for a few things for Friday night's dinner, then the Lighthouse for a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. In other words, I was busy until close to 1:00. 

Webb's Trail

Cathedral Of Green

I then had lunch, half of the sub, and watched my show. Meanwhile, Evie was busy prepping our dinner and making a peach/cheesecake galette for our dessert. We were having our good friend and neighbor, Ken, over for dinner. He's a retired educator like me, as well as a college athlete,  and a coach, in other words, we have lots in common. Once Evie had things set, we both were able to enjoy a leisurely afternoon, a strange one as well as the fog kept moving in and out during the afternoon. 

A Good Night

Ken arrived just at 6:00 and we spent a good hour on the porch, enjoying wine and appetizers and catching up on our lives since this was the first time we have been able to get together this summer. He has granddaughters who come up with their parents most weekends so he's always busy with them, a lucky grandfather. Dinner was a specialty of our son Tom, scallops, shrimp, and a creamy lemon and vermouth sauce over pasta, along with a salad and French bread. It was delicious, just what we wanted on a Friday night. And the peach galette was a perfect end to the evening. Ken walked home around 9:20 and then we cleaned up most of the kitchen before watching some TV and going up to bed, another good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...