Sunday, August 20, 2023

World Cup Sunday

Osprey Having Grabbed A Fish

7:03

9:29

Well, I just realized the World Cup is on TV so I am in the TV room, watching the last half hour of the match, with Spain in front 1-0. So far, Spain has had a couple of shots on goal, and England none. Well, it's over and Spain wins the World Cup, 1-0, with a pile of players in the middle of the field. It's 9:30 and I was out for an hour. I watched an osprey dive and grab a fish, drop in 15 feet from my kayak, then come back, pick it up, and swoop off toward the tip of Long Point. What an amazing fish catcher. 

Kayak Morning

Heron 

Bald Eagle

Saturday was typical, with my long paddle, then coming home and helping on Evie get some things done both in and out of the house. She was busy making a meat sauce for tonight's dinner and I cleaned up afterwards and gathered the trash for a trip to the Transfer Station. It looks like a new company has taken over the removal because the guys are out helping people with their trash, not just sitting around watching. 

I was home by noon, time for lunch, a bagel toasted in our new toaster with cream cheese and tomatoes. Evie decided to mow the lawn because it really needed it. And it was a perfect afternoon, a nice breeze with temperatures in the low 70s. I had my lunch, watched my show and read and napped briefly, my work done for the day. After mowing, Evie put on her bathing suit and went out to enjoy the sun on the dock. I read on the porch but it looked so nice out on the dock, I went out and joined her until she went for a swim.

Dinner With Neighbors

We were going to dinner at 6:00 at neighbors, so we both showered and were ready to walk down a couple of houses at 6:00. We sat outside, the six of us, enjoying the view, appetizers, and wine. All six of us are retired and have been enjoying the lake, some since the 1970s. It was a fine night to sit outside, lots of sun and hardly a breeze. Dinner was pork, a creamy corn veggie, and a salad, with Key Lime Pie for dessert. It was fun to get together because all six of us have been busy the past couple of months with family and friends visiting. We stayed until 9:30, walked home in the dark, ready for a few minutes of TV and bed. It was a fun evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...