Friday, August 4, 2023

TGIF

6:53

Not sure why I am excited for it to be Friday since every day is Friday when you are retired but I couldn't think of another title for the blog. Bass boats roared out of the Marina at 6:00 but I didn't get up until 6: 45. It's another morning of haze, 65º, on a quiet, calm lake morning. It's 9:21 and I was out for 50 minutes and it's becoming routine to see the same, I assume, osprey in the same areas each morning. They must like routine and sameness like me. 

Kayak Morning

North

Osprey

High In The Pines

Yesterday was different because I skipped yoga. I went to breakfast in Bemus at 8:00, returned at 9:00 and went for a paddle, then finished up the blog. I wanted to get in a walk so I went up the hill, down #394 to Victoria and home, about a half hour, long enough to work up a sweat. I then did yoga for 20 minutes and felt righteous, having gotten in some exercise. Meanwhile, Evie was making a peach crisp for our dessert, my favorite. Nothing like a crisp with vanilla ice cream!

 Lunch was quesadillas with ramen and I watched my show until it was time to drive to my class at the CI. Once again, we were treated to music videos in 70 and 71, along with a clip of a Bob Hope Show in Vietnam. It was a trip down memory lane and fun to hear some old songs again and see how music had changed from the early 1960s. By the time class was over, I was whooped and went home and took a nap, tired no doubt from my morning. 

Around 5:00, we took a boat ride over to Bemus, along Lakeside Drive, and home, on a beautiful August afternoon. From 6:00 to 7:00, we enjoyed a glass of wine on our porch, as usual, while our dinner, the leftover noodles, and chicken was heating up. And that was our dinner along with garlic spinach and a peach crisp and ice cream for dessert. For some reason, we could not open the Apple+ app so we watched a couple of more ER's and the second episode of The Lincoln Lawyer before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...