Friday, August 18, 2023

Overnight Showers

7:03

8:56

It's a brisk, sunny morning on a ruffled lake and 56º. I was surprised to see we got a half inch of rain overnight although it was not predicted, just heavy winds. It's 9:10 and I was out for only a half hour because of the heavy northern winds, making it a struggle to paddle home.

Kayak Morning

Thursday was a good day, like most actually, and started with my kayaking for close to an hour, in no hurry to get home because yoga was at 10:00. Evie had a hair appointment at 10:00 so she was off before me and then she did some shopping at Wegmans. I had Yin yoga at 10:00, always a crowded class and nice and easy as we might hold a pose for five minutes. I did not stop for coffee but came straight home, having had enough caffeine for the week.

Evie was home when I drove in, putting away groceries and I helped. Lunch was the other half of the sub from Wegmans and I finished Season Four of Friday Night Lights. I have finally gotten into a book, All The Sinners Bleed by S. A. Crosby. Titus, a black sheriff in a small, Virginia town,  must placate both the whites and blacks who elected him sheriff and still stay true to himself and his job. I also read his previous two novels so I know what to expect. 

Around 2:00, our neighbor, Debi, dropped her two grandsons off to 'play with Evie.' So for the next hour and a half, our house was busy with rock painting, puzzles, building blocks, etc, I was expecting my breakfast buddies for beers at 4:00, so I was busy straightening up both porches and the house. The boys went home just as my friends arrived and the five of us sat on the front porch, enjoying a libation or two, catching up on our days. Evie heated up some hanky pankies, a big hit, and along with pretzels and hummus, we were happy. The guys headed home at 6:00, vowing to get together again in a couple of weeks. 

Five Of Six

We then sat out on our porch for an hour, enjoying the quiet of a Thursday afternoon until dinner time. We were having BLT's with a slice of breaded eggplant as well as bacon and tomato, a nice change. I devoured a couple of sandwiches easily and we watched a decent film from 2018 called Juliet Naked, based on a Nick Hornsby novel, a romantic comedy of sorts, set in Great Britain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...