Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Overcast And Perhaps Some Rain

 

6:44

8:36

It's another surprisingly quiet morning on the lake, not a boat in sight, just seagulls squawking. Heavy clouds to the east block the sun so that the sky and lake are both gunmetal gray. It's 8:45 and I have been back from a 50 minutes paddle for 15 minutes into a southerly wind and just finished up the blog because Evie's still sleeping. I am off to yoga in 25 minutes. 

Kayak Morning

Eastern Sky

Northwest

Herons At Sandy Bottom

Osprey Perched On The Tip Of Long Point

Osprey Just North Of Woodlawn

Monday was a strange day, one that started well with a long paddle, mostly because I stopped and talked with friends in their kayak for at least 15 minutes, and I did get a great photo of an osprey. When I got home, I waited for Evie to get up, then had breakfast and we finished the blog. I wanted to get in a bike ride so by 10:00, I drove off to Lakewood, parked my car in front of Ryders Cup, and decided to have a cup of coffee with the guys, sitting in the front yard under a tree, a mistake.  Forty-five minutes later and I had lost my mojo and decided to skip the bike ride and get a few things done, stopping at both the bank and Wegmans. 

When I got home, Evie had just finished washing the kitchen floor, so I had to wait for my lunch, ramen and a ham salad sandwich, a first for me and it was not bad. I watched my show, then decided to read and nap but it was not to be. Lately, I have lost my skill at napping, something I was good at. Evie was gone for an hour for a doctor's appointment in Mayville, so it was strange to be alone in the house. When she returned, we both enjoyed another leisurely afternoon, waiting for the rain which never really arrived.

We enjoyed our happy hour with appetizers until 7:00 and had an easy dinner, pizza, and a salad because neither of us wanted to fuss with dinner. We watched the news, waiting for the fourth Trump indictment and some ER episodes until we had enough of both and went to bed, hoping for rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...