Sunday, August 13, 2023

Tornado Warnings, Some Rain, And Sunshine

6:47

8:56

It's a beautiful morning, crisp and clean, the sun bright, the lake calm, white clouds hanging over Bemus Bay, in other words, a fine morning on the lake. It's 62º and should get up into the 70s, just the way we like it, not too warm, not too humid. I am back from an hour's paddle, a tough go coming home because of the wind and chop. It was osprey morning, as three or four circled the trees, chased each other off a branch and finally, one paused to enjoy his breakfast. 

Kayak Morning

Osprey Breakfasting On A Fish

Herons Back

Yesterday was a strange Saturday because of the tornado warnings until 9:00 at night. It proved to be a false alarm, fortunately, but it made us uncomfortable for much of the day. I got in a good hour and fifteen-minute paddle in the morning, just after it rained and cleared up. For some reason, I was in no hurry to get rid of our trash so instead, I put my bike on the Outback around 10:45 and drove over to Bemus and biked to Long Point, down to the Warner Bay neighborhood, back through the park, along Lakeside Drive to my car, just over an hour. It felt good to get out there and bike.

Biking Long Point State Park

When I returned home, the trash was ready for me, so I drove to the Transfer Station and got rid of it, mostly empty boxes from Amazon! When I  got home it was lunchtime, and I warmed up the leftover burger from Friday night and finished off the Hawaiian macaroni salad. I am on the fourth season of Friday Night Lights and have one season to go. Both of us took it easy the rest of the afternoon but at 4:00, we walked over to our neighbor's house, to celebrate Barb's sister's 60th birthday. Most of us were able to sit on their great front porch, and enjoy libations and appetizers, even when it started to rain. It was a fun afternoon.

After The Rain

When we returned home, we decided to have salmon for dinner, along with parsley potatoes, so Evie spread the salmon with mayo, our daughter Jill's favorite way to cook it, put it in the air fryer, and boiled up the potatoes and we had dinner. We watched a few shows, ending the night with, what else ER. And we were happy to have avoided bad weather, getting just 3/8ths of an inch of rain after all the warnings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...