Tuesday, August 29, 2023

A Busy Day In The Yard

6:59

8:35

It's 7:25 and the sun has been in and out, now out as the clouds have filled the sky. It's 58º and all I can hear is the cawing of crows, the honking of geese. A single boat is fishing off of Long Point on a calm lake. I paddled for 35 minutes this morning and shot both an eagle and osprey but no herons, alas. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Southwest Sky

Juvenile Eagle On Long Point

Osprey Next To Campground

Yesterday was a productive day for both of us, a harbinger of days to come. It started as usual with a kayak paddle for close to an hour although I did not shoot any wild life, perhaps because I did not get out on the lake until 8:30. Once both of us were properly caffeinated to begin thinking about our day, we got busy around 10:00. Evie wanted me to edge and weed our brick walk, something I have ignored most of the summer. So I got out my edger and tools and worked for a good hour and a half, prying weeds and grass out from between the bricks, an onerous task. I should just use Round-Up and kill the suckers, right. While I was weeding, Evie was working in her garden, deadheading and pulling weeds,  tidying it up.

Cormorant Gliding By Our Dock

By lunchtime, I was halfway through the walk and my back was aching so I did some yoga while my lunch, leftover meatballs and spaghetti was heating in the microwave.  I started a new series, the third season of Jack Ryan on Prime, a confusing thriller, set in at least three countries. After lunch, I took it easy as did Evie, enjoying reading out on the dock. Once I got bored and after a brief nap, I returned to the brick walk for a half hour, did some yoga and read, then returned and finished the darn walk by 4:30. Meanwhile, Evie mowed a good part of the lawn, which she will finish today, then read under our maple tree until 5:00 when we both showered because we decided to eat out at Alexnders, in Findlay Lake, about a 15-mile drive.

Alexanders was not very busy so we easily found a seat at the bar. We have been there a couple of times but it's changed hands a couple of times as well. We both ordered burgers and hand-cut fries and both were great, just what we wanted. We had a beer as well and we were in and out in an hour. We decided to drive around the lake, which in the good old days we would have walked around. It was a lovely evening for a drive, the fields of corn lit by the setting sun and. amazingly, a vast solar farm just west of Sherman. What a beautiful area. We then watched our usual shows, nothing new to write about, before bed.

Field of Solar Panels


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...