Thursday, August 24, 2023

Cloudy And Rain

7:16

9:13

It's not a very inviting morning for a paddle, so I skipped it, mostly because I have breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 and I  didn't get up until 7:15. It's after 9:00 and I just returned from breakfast at the Lake Life Cafe, always good, great egg and sausage sandwiches. 

Yesterday was a surprise because, after a five-minute drizzle when I kayaked, it rained on and off the rest of late morning and afternoon, into the evening. After breakfast and the blog, I went to yoga with Tara,, always rigorous, then met Paul at Ryders Cup for coffee until noon. We sat out on the porch, listening to it rain, wishing we had a jacket because of the wind and cool temperature. 

When I got home, Evie was frying up some bacon for BLT's for lunch, the best. So I was happy watching my show, devouring the BLTS. The rest of the day was typical, enjoying a book, and occasionally napping. The only thing different was it was raining on and off. I talked with my daughter Jill around 4:00 and she's excited about her daughter Halle, off to college for freshmen year. Both of us showered around 4:30 the drove over to our neighbor's house, Tina and Jim's, for dinner. They have this neat cottage, nestled in the woods, and it's been part of their family for years. 

Dinner With Tina And Jim

They were planning on eating outside, enjoying their view of the lake but because of the rain, they had a fire going in their living room and we had drinks and appetizers in their cozy living room. Dinner was a tasty lasagna, nice and juicy, along with a salad and garlic knots I think they are called. After dinner, we had brownies and ice cream and sat around talking until almost 9:20 when we drove home. It was a really fun evening,  great food and friends. 

Cat Nuzzling

We watched a few minutes of the debate, interested to see who could yell the loudest before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...