Friday, August 25, 2023

Overnight Power Washing

7:07

7:55

9:13

Well, storms and heavy winds were predicted overnight but I must have slept through them because I checked the rain gauge this morning and we got two and a half inches overnight and everything looks fresh and clean. Fortunately, I don't see any branches down at least in our yard, just twigs. It looks like a nice day, however, a high in the mid-70s although it's humid right now. It's 9:20, Evie's still sleeping and I just returned from a 50-minute paddle. I shot the same heron and osprey, in the same trees as the last week. It seems they have a routine just like me. 

Kayak Morning

To The North

Osprey

Heron

Practicing Yoga

Not much different about Thursday, as most days follow a routine. I didn't kayak, however, preferring to go to breakfast at Bemus at 8:00. I then had a good Yin yoga class at 10:00 and did a quick stop at Walmart to pick up a few things. I wonder if the new Target is as busy? When I got home, Evie volunteered to make me egg salad sandwiches. Yum. She also had a long phone call with our daughter, Beth, in Texas. After lunch and my series, I finished my book, Desert Star, by Michael Connelly and when I finished, I had a sense that I might have read it before because the ending seemed familiar. Still, I liked it and started another book which I supposedly read before as well although I don't remember it. 

The afternoon went quickly and I enjoyed sitting on the dock in the sun briefly until the bees chased me away. By 5:30, we were on the porch, enjoying the beauty of the late afternoon and a glass of wine.  It was surprising how quiet the lake was for August. We had pulled pork and coleslaw sandwiches for dinner and watched the Trump Indictment extravaganza for most of the evening despite my protest. He sucks up all the oxygen, both in the newspapers and on TV. Evie went to bed early so I was happy to watch something else before following her. 

No Comment Necessary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...