Wednesday, August 16, 2023

A Morning Of Changing Skies

7:13

It's 7;15 as I start this and I have been up for an hour, the sky gray and overcast at first, the sun trying to break through the clouds at the moment. I think we even had a few minutes of drizzle because the dock is wet. And right now, a huge gray mass has drifted in, and I wonder if it's going to rain? It's just 9:00 and I was out paddling for an hour, taking a photo of probably the same osprey in the same tree as yesterday. The sky has been amazing this morning, changing constantly, with dark clouds, then open skies and blue, then threatening clouds again as if it cannot make up its mind. 

Kayak Morning





Well, my days have not changed much recently, in fact, I seem to like routine and yesterday was no exception. I got in a good paddle before breakfast and the blog, Then, I drove to Lakewood, to yoga class with Julie and stopped at Ryders Cup and had coffee on the porch with the guys. It's becoming a regular occurrence, to sit down with two or three guys after yoga. They live in Lakewood and I have just gotten to know them in the last six months. I was home by noon and Evie had been busy, getting a few things done in the house and garden. 

Morning Osprey

Same Guy

I had a simple lunch, a ham salad sandwich, the same as yesterday with a tomato, and watched my show. I am not too excited about my book but I stuck with it most of the afternoon before trying something else around dinner time. Before wine time, and during Evie's Zoom call with her sisters,  I walked the loop, up Woodlawn and down Victoria, just over a mile so I did get in some exercise. Porch time was great, a nice breeze, temperatures in the high 60s and it felt like fall again. And it was fun to watch the sun break through the clouds and spotlight various parts of the Bemus shoreline, lighting them up with color. 

Porch In Afternoon

Dinner was BLTs, at my request, quick and delicious, then we watched a film called A Simple Favor. It started out fine but got crazier and crazier as it went along but we stuck with it to the end, wondering why we wasted an hour and a half watching it. We ended the night with the big news, Trump's indictments, something the pundits will be talking about for the next couple of years I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...