Monday, July 31, 2023

A Chilly End Of July Morning

7:09

It's 7:35 as I start this on a clear and sunny morning. It was 56º out when I woke, so I am sitting here with my blankie, keeping me warm. I love it...bring on the fall weather. Because it's Monday, the weekenders have left so the lake is quiet at this hour. Just as I was about to get up and get ready to kayak, I looked out my window and saw four kayakers go by, kinda neat. 

Kayak Morning

An Osprey Breakfasting




Heron On The Shore

Yesterday was a productive Sunday in a couple of ways. First, I paddled for over an hour, down to Snug Harbor and back, a beautiful, calm morning for kayaking. We were in no hurry to get started so the blog did not get out til maybe 10:00. Evie, then, suggested we go for a walk on Webb's Trail in Mayville, so we put on our walking gear and drove off by 11:00, It was an easy walk, wooded on both sides because it's a former train track, so its straight and flat. It's not quite a mile one way, so we were out for only forty-five minutes but it felt good and the weather was cool enough so we did not work up much of a sweat. 

Webbs Trail

In The Shade

We were home by 12:30 and while I set up the umbrella on our dock, Evie made me an omelet with spinach, cheese, tomatoes, you name it. I watched my series, enjoyed my breakfast with a bagel, and then looked forward to reading and napping. 

An Abundance Of Clouds

Meanwhile, Evie was out on the dock but it ended up being too windy, so she returned to the porch where it was too hot. She tried a chaise lounge under the trees and it was just right. And that's the way we spent the afternoon until 5:00 when we both showered because we were going out to dinner at 6:00. 

The Girls

Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:00 and drove us to Jamestown to Pace's Pizza, our favorite because we can dine alfresco on their fairly new patio. We waited maybe ten minutes and were lucky to get seats outside. This is our go-to pizza place so we know what to order, salads, pizza of various size and toppings, meatballs, and beers. It was a fine night to be outside, on their busy patio. It was a good choice, perfect timing, and it was fun to be together again. 

The Four

We were home 8:30 on a quiet night on the lake, We thought we might watch a series on TV but Jon Voight and Jane Fonda's Coming Home had just started, a powerful, tragic look at the consequences of war. Both are amazing in their roles and we remember watching it for the first time in 1978 and were blown away by the final scene, a great film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...