Thursday, June 1, 2023

More Of The Same

6:02

It's 6:15, another calm day on the lake and a sunny 57º. We need rain but it's hard to complain about this weather. It's now 9:26, a beautiful morning. I was out on the lake by 6:30, kayaked for an hour, and had a sighting of at least two, maybe three ospreys. I then drove to Lake Life Cafe in Bemus and had breakfast with the guys, for the first time in weeks. It was great to see them again. 

Victoria/Woodlawn

Northern Sky

Osprey Look

Osprey 

Yesterday was a  busy day for both of us, starting out with a long paddle for me. Evie was up late so we did not get started outside until 10:30. I started watering the rest of the privets, using lake water of course. Then, I worked for a good hour taking out literally small trees that grew in between the privets. Maybe they were not trees but hardy five to six-foot weeds. I created quite a pile that my neighbor volunteered to take up the hill. While I was busy with the privets, Evie powered up the mower and cut the lawn. 

Heron In The Morning

Lunch was vegetarian, the leftover potato salad and baked beans and I started a new series on Netflix, The Valhalla Murders, set in Iceland. So far, so good. I am reading My Darkest Prayer by S. B. Crosby and it's keeping me interested. I took a brief nap, then showered and drove off to Jamestown for a teeth cleaning, always fun. I left with two cavities, small, however, but won't get in until July, a busy place. I then drove down Main to Tokyo Bejing, the only Asian restaurant in town and picked up our dinner so Evie did not have to cook. 

When I got home, Evie had worked up quite a sweat as she began planting her dahlias and cleaning up the yard and porch which was filled with them. It's quite a job. By 6:30, we were relaxing with a libation and some appetizers, with no worry about dinner. We heated up the Red Curry and Triple Delight and both were quite good, worth the money. We watched our usual, Jeopardy, ER, and The Americans before going to bed, tired from our day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...