Sunday, June 4, 2023

Cool And Windy

Strawberry Moon At 9:51 PM


7:09

9:05

It's 7:30 and the weather changed yesterday afternoon, as the wind picked up and the temperature dropped from the 80s into the low 70s and 60s. What a relief after a week of 80º days and it was just the beginning of June.  It's after 9:00 and I paddled for 45 minutes, across to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home, on a windy, choppy lake but it was fun. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

Common Merganser Strutting Upon A Stage

Our Saturdays don't change much and yesterday was typical. Up early and a long, hour and a half paddle on another fine morning. How lucky we are to live on a lake. We were in no hurry to get working so I did not head to the Transfer Station until 10:30. After my first trip, I drove into Lakewood because we needed another bag of potting soil so Evie could finish planting her dahlias, or most of them. I also picked up a few traps to catch the voles that our destroying Evie's garden. When I returned home, Evie had enough junk set out that I had to take another trip to the Transfer Station, a busy place on Saturdays during the summer.

Lunch was tuna fish sandwiches and I started a new series on Apple TV+, Perry Mason. So far, so good, Both of us relaxed much of the afternoon because it was too hot to work out in the backyard sun although I did more watering, of our rhododendrons in our side yard which are in bloom.  Around 4:30, I helped Evie put in a few more dahlias in areas where the dirt was rocky and hard to dig. We need a truckload of good soil bought in. Maybe next spring. 

Around 4:30, as we worked, the wind picked up from the north, the temperature dropped and it was pleasant to once again be outside. Around 6:00, we sat on the front porch, enjoying a Manhattan and a  good cheese, watching the boats struggle in the winds. Dinner was one of my favorites, a salmon salad with lots of goodies. We then watched our shows, what else, before going to bed in a deliciously cool bedroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...