Thursday, June 15, 2023

A Hazy Sunrise

5:52

7:30

Sun Rising At 6:05

It's just 6:15 and I have been up for a half hour, alas, but able to watch the sunrise. The fishing boats were out early on this fine morning, with no rain in sight for today. Because I was up so early, I was out on the lake by 6:45, paddled over to Long Point, back across to Sandy Bottom, and home. I was able to get a couple of good photos of herons, one in the water, fishing for breakfast, the other up in a tree, a good morning on the lake. It's 9:20 and I just returned from breakfast. Once this is published, I am on my way to a Yin Yoga class. 


Great Blue Fishing

Perched

Same Guy

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a very good day for me, starting with a nice long paddle although I did not see much wildlife. And for the first time in weeks, I decided to try yoga even though I knew it would be a tough class. I managed, however, and best of all never coughed during the practice. It was good to be back with yoga and I hope to continue a couple days each week.  After class, I stopped for coffee at Ryders of course and caught up on the local news with Dave, the regular and honorary mayor. I was home just in time as Evie was heading off for a test at our local hospital.

Lunch was the leftover veggie medley from the previous night. It tasted great and I started to watch a show I had begun a couple of weeks ago but I cannot remember the name. I started a new book, a Dennis Lehane novel, set in Boston, the first of a series. I napped briefly and then read some until Evie came home after stopping briefly at Tops to shop. Around 3:30, for some reason, I found some mojo and went for a walk around the Chautauqua Institution for forty-five minutes. It's beautiful this time of the year, as everything is beginning to bloom, It's beginning to get busy, however, no longer am I the only one on the streets. 

Thunder Bridge

Greening Up

We had a leisurely happy hour, in no hurry to have dinner. It was interrupted twice by twenty to thirty Canadian geese on our lawn, making a mess. We chased them off twice and may have to put up a line to keep them off the lawn. Around 6:30, Evie dusted the fish in Ritz crackers and fried five filets for our dinner. With baked potatoes and asparagus, we were happy and the fish was really tasty. We watched three ER's for some reason, ending the night with The Americans. What are we going to watch when we finish both series? 

Throwback Thursdays (early 1980's)
Elaine leading the choir
Jennifer, Evie, Joyce, and Carol
Pianist?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...