Saturday, June 24, 2023

Not Much Fun

7:41

It's another overcast morning with predictions of rain like yesterday but if today's like yesterday, it probably won't rain, just threaten.  It's now 9:10 and I got in a short paddle, 30 minutes, mostly hugging the docks, scaring off herons. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was not a good day because I woke up in afib, an irregular heartbeat, a problem usually controlled by medicine. So I didn't do much although I was able to help Evie who was very busy and productive, deep cleaning our porch and kitchen while I was mostly idle, reading or walking outside and watching the tree guys take down three or four ash trees. They are amazing climbers and fearless.

By 3:00, we decided to go to the Emergency Room to see if they could help. We made the mistake of going to Westfield. When we walked in the computers were down and they had to send patients away although they wrote down my symptoms on a pad of paper. After a half hour, I saw a nurse who told me they don't really have any cardiology doctors so they couldn't do anything for me. So we drove 20 miles to Jamestown, to UPMC, and waited for forty-five minutes before being taken into a room and checked over by a great nurse and PA. Eventually, after blood tests and an X-ray, they gave me a drug intravenously, hoping it would help. Unfortunately, it did not do much good so I left, still in afib which is not unusual I guess for many patients. Hopefully, it will stop on its own in the next couple of days like it usually does.

To reward ourselves after a terrible day, we stopped at Burger King at 10:00 for Whoppers with fries and a root beer, took them home, and watched ER before bed. How appropriate. It was not a fun day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...