Monday, June 19, 2023

Haze In The Morning

8:34

It's 6:50 on another hazy morning. The lake is surprisingly empty at the moment except for a ski boat that just cruised by, our neighbors I assume. It's 55º, warmer than yesterday and may get into the high 70s later in the day. It's 9:15 and I was out for forty-five minutes, the typical paddle, always a good way to start my day. 

Great Blue Heron

Kayak Morning

Osprey, About To Take Off

Sunday began with early rising and then a long paddle, my usual routine. After breakfast and the blog, I thought I might go for a bike ride but Evie had other plans which was fine with me. First, I got out the ladder and cleaned the gutters, filled with sailors from the maple tree. Then, we both worked in the yard, weeding both the dahlias garden and perennial garden until the heat, only in the 70s sent us into the house. We were back out off and on and I also did some work in the garage, putting things away in the attic that we no longer need. Anyways, by the time we had finished, it was time for breakfast so Evie fried up some potatoes and eggs and we enjoyed them on the front porch. 

I would like to say we got busy in the afternoon but we didn't. Instead, we either read, napped, or sat in the yard, wasting a good day although we were happy. Around 4:00, Evie gave me a haircut in our side yard and then we both showered because we were heading to Linda and Ron's for dinner at 5:00.

The Usual Suspects

When we got there, the four of us went on a good hour cruise in their pontoon boat, along the shoreline to the Chautauqua Institution and back. It was a perfect day for a boat ride, nice and warm going, a light wind on the way home. We then relaxed on their new patio with wine and shrimp cocktail until Ron and I grabbed the ribeyes and grilled them for about ten minutes. We feasted on individual ribeyes, along with stuffed baked potatoes, a salad, and a creamy mushroom sauce for the steaks. It was better than our dinners at Brazils on Friday, making me wonder why we go out. We should just stay home and enjoy it others cooking although I don't think Evie and Linda would go for that idea. We were home by 9:15 and watched some TV before going to bed early, another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...