Sunday, June 25, 2023

A Quiet Sunday Morning On The Lake

6:06

6:59

It's 6:46, and it's either overcast, foggy, or hazy on a practically empty lake although at 6:00, I was awakened by a barrage of bass boats leaving the Long Point Marina. I am not sure where they have gone unless I dreamed it. I got in a brief paddle, mostly just floating in front of the docks, enjoying being on the lake.

Kayak Morning

Blue Northern Sky

Yesterday was not much of a day for me as I still don't feel right. I did manage to get in a paddle for 20 minutes, so I got some exercise. Besides that, however, I mostly sat around the house doing little other than reading, a few dishes, and watching TV, really boring. Evie, however, was busy and even took over the trip to the Transfer Station, with a car filled to overflowing with empty Amazon boxes. 

Lunch was soup and sandwiches and I watched a couple of episodes of Friday Night Lights since I had nothing else to do. I was able to nap but spent most of the afternoon on the couch reading my book, fortunately, a long one, The Covenant Of Water, set in India. At 4:00, Evie walked over to the Woodlawn right away for the first of our three annual meetings where business is discussed as well a a chance for neighbors to get see each other after a long winter. It's always fun.

Earlier in the day, Evie had put together the mixture for chicken enchiladas, so all she had to do was fill the tortillas and bake them,  We ate them covered with sauce and sour cream and we were happy once again to be enjoying dinner and watching our shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...