Friday, June 16, 2023

Drizzle And Gray

6:22

7:28

It rained just enough to get the ground wet and that seems to be it for the day although as I look out, it's still drizzling and I just heard thunder. Yikes.  It's 56º at 6:54 and I have yet to see the sun because of the cloud cover. It's just before 9:00 and I was out for an hour on a gray morning, down to the Power Boat Club, across to Long Point, to the campground, and home, about an hour. 

Kayak Morning

North

Threatening Clouds

Yesterday was another typical day as I am getting back in the groove. It started with an early paddle, then breakfast in Bemus before driving to Lakewood for a Yin Yoga class, crowded and easy. I then did a quick stop at Save A Lot and picked up a couple packs of Western Pork Ribs, on sale for $1.99 a pound, a deal. When I got home, Evie was back in her groove, mowing the lawn, nice and green after the rain this past weekend. 

She took a timeout to make me a fish sandwich while I made tartar sauce. A couple of slider fish sandwiches were filling and I then returned to my book and of course, fell asleep for I don't remember how long. My septic guy stopped over, and we talked about tree roots and said I should get some copper sulfate which alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, they don't sell it in New York State. My solution to that was to jump in my car and drive 15 miles to Sugar Grove, PA, just over the New York line. It has an amazing old fashion hardware store that takes up a block. They had it, of course, and I then drove home the long way, by that I mean I took a wrong turn and added ten miles onto my drive home. Idiot.

We were both ready to relax on the front porch with a glass of wine, something we have not done recently, perhaps because of the cool weather.  Anyways, it felt good to sit outside and enjoy the view. Dinner was easy, again, the leftover veggie medley from Tuesday, and made better by topping it with yogurt. We watched the same old series, ER and The Americans before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...