Friday, June 2, 2023

We Need Rain

6:23

Well, it's another warm, sunny morning here on the lake, with hardly a cloud in the sky, a perfect morning for kayaking. It's just 9:00 and I was out for close to an hour and a half, kayaking down to Snug Harbor and back. Whitney Bay is a mess of weeds already, making it difficult for boats to get out to the open lake. 

Kayak Morning

Common Mergansers

Strolling On The Dock

Whitney Bay

Yesterday I can hardly remember what we did because our days have changed very little the last week. After a long paddle, coffee, and the blog, we both went outside and got busy. We are watering just about everything from the lake the past two days and will continue until we get some rain. I spent most of the day working in the garage, organizing and cleaning what had become quite a mess. I took a couple of barrels of weeds up the hill, put things in the attic, while Evie continued the slow process of planting her dahlias and watering the garden. It was a depressing day actually as for sale signs went up next door and a couple of people stopped by to look at the house.

Lunch was more potato salad and leftover hotdogs, still edible. I watched my show from Iceland and then tried to nap. Evie had a wellness appointment in Westfield so she was gone until 3:00. When she returned it was too hot to really do much in the garden, so she relaxed and watched some TV. I decided to water the hostas, so I sat in a rocker in the shade of the garden, reading and drinking a beer, occasionally getting up to move the hose. It's my kind of work. I was there for over an hour and got all of the hostas and hydrangeas watered.

By 5:30, we were sitting on the front porch, fan on, enjoying a glass of wine in a warm late afternoon. I would guess the highs in the afternoon reached the mid-80s and it's only June. Where did spring go? Dinner was the leftover Asian food, salad, and the mushroom pasta from a couple of nights ago, Waste not, want not. Our night viewing has not varied much, The Americans and ER. Unfortunately, I taped the Denver/Miami game on ESPN, not realizing that it was a split screen, with the action narrated by Motor Mouth Stephen A, along with player interviews. The actual game was on ABC, with the usual announcers. I realized this too late, missed the first half. I finished my book and will be looking for something else to read today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...