Thursday, June 29, 2023

A Smoky, Hazy Sun Rise

6:10

7:37

It's 6:30 and I have been up for a half hour, on a 52º morning. The smoke or haze acts as a filter when I use my camera. It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus after a glorious morning paddle on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

North

Heron Wading

Heron Perched

Yesterday was a good day all things considered. I got in a paddle before breakfast and then drove to Lakewood to a good yoga class, just five of us. It's usually a vigorous class but Tara took it easy on us so I was able to keep up although I was tired by the end of class. When I returned home, Evie had been her usual busy self, getting things ready for our kid's arrival next week. She takes one bedroom at a time and makes sure it is ready, whether it's just clean sheets and vacuuming or adding a mattress. It's the kind of thing that no one really notices but Evie. 

I had my sub and a bowl of soup for lunch, then took a brief nap before driving to Westfield for a doctor's appointment with my PA, a follow-up on my visit to the ER. We had a good talk and we agreed it might make sense to find a cardiologist closer to home than the one in Ohio. On my way home, I was a bad boy and stopped at Boxcar Barney's, and bought a chocolate malt for myself, a root beer float for Evie.  She was relaxing, having finished up what she wanted to get done. We both enjoyed our treats, then took it easy the rest of the afternoon. I got a phone call from my good friends, Joe and Mary Lou, both Ohio University graduates in 1965, so we go way back. They live in Oxford, Ohio, and we usually stop at their house for a night on our way West. It was good to talk with them. Like us, they have mucho grandchildren and can't wait to have a vacation with them, usually on the beach in South Carolina. We didn't even think about dinner until 7:00 because of our treats, delicious but filling. Around 7:30, Evie microwaved the leftover meatballs and pasta and that was our dinner we watched a couple more episodes of The Americans, which we are into again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...