Friday, June 9, 2023

Overcast And Smoke

Good Morning Sun At 6:19

6:51

It's 6:30 as I start this and we are both up because we are driving to Virginia today to celebrate our granddaughter Halle's graduation from high school tomorrow. The air quality index is 146, a bit lower than yesterday's 154. We have our windows closed so it does not bother us much if we stay inside.

Yesterday began with a paddle, then breakfast in Bemus so I didn't get busy until 9:30 or later, not that I was that busy. In fact, I can hardly remember doing anything, other than moving the watering hose off and on during the morning. O, yea, there was still a section of Evie's garden that needed to be dug up and raked for the planting of her final group of dahlias so that took me into lunch. And I raked up the cuttings from my shaping of the privets on Wednesday so I was busier than I thought. Meanwhile, Evie was in the kitchen prepping our dinner and making a strawberry galette for our dessert.

Lunch was a veggie wrap with hummus and Pho and I watched the last half of the Nuggets victory over the Heat. I tried to nap to no avail so I took it easy until 3:00, reading my Dismas Hardy book, #12. Then, while Evie mowed the lawn and straightened up the house, I cleaned up both porches and we both worked on cleaning up the car for our trip this morning. And, of course, we started packing or at least organizing some of the things we wanted to bring. I showered then, rather than waiting till this morning.

Aloha Dinner

Around 5:45, our neighbor, Joyce, and her daughter, Beth, and her husband Mark came over for dinner since we were heading to Virginia today. They brought a couple bottles of wine so we were not lacking for libations. Because it was getting chilly and still smoky, we sat inside, enjoying Evie's cashews with rosemary, the best. We had fun talking about all the people who had stopped by the last couple of days to look at their house which is up for sale after 50 years. It's a prime area with a great summer house. Dinner was chicken with artichokes and mushrooms, something Evie could make ahead of time. For dessert, we had the strawberry galette with ice cream, a perfect ending to the evening. They headed home at 9:15 and we bid them a sad aloha although Joyce will be back for a final time on the fourth of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...