Tuesday, June 20, 2023

More Haze, More Heat, Perhaps Some Rain

5:59

6:53

It's hard to tell what kind of a morning it is because of either the cloud cover or haze. I know it's much warmer than the past couple of days, already 62. A few boats are out fishing, and the lake is calm. We are still getting smoke from Canada which may be the cause of this morning's haze. I paddled for 50 minutes, down to Sandy Bottom, across to Long Point, and home along Woodlawn. It was calm going but the wind picked up coming back. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling North

A Great Blue Near Campground

Monday was an easy day really, as I had nothing on my plate I had to do, no yoga, no biking, just an early morning kayaking as usual. By 10:00, however, Evie had convinced me to get a shingles shot so I drove to Wegmans, did a little shopping, and waited 15 minutes to get my shot. I stopped at the bank, which was closed for the holiday but used the ATM. I also stopped at Evans for some libations, getting ready for the arrival of our family. 

I wasn't home until noon and was not very hungry so I had a strange lunch, tuna in the package on crackers, and ramen from Thailand which is terrible. I bought it at Costco thinking it would be tasty but it's not so I did not have much of a lunch. Since I got less than five hours of sleep Sunday night, I was hoping to take a good nap. Alas, I didn't and joined Evie in the yard and read. Our neighbors of fifty years have their house up for sale and we have been worried about who will end up buying it. Well, a couple stopped by yesterday afternoon, the new buyers, and we both really liked them, a family of four from Buffalo who basically will keep the house as is. They love it, and the cottage feel, so we are relieved knowing there will be no construction next door for a while. We were worried that someone might buy it and tear it down which happening to lake houses lately.

Around 5:00 I made myself a shandy, beer, and lemonade and sat on the front porch until I was driven in by smoke from nearby campfires. Combine that with the smoke from Canada and we kept our windows closed tight. Dinner was the leftover pasta with sausage and zucchini and it was just as good as Saturday night. In fact, we have enough left for tonight's dinner if we want. We watched our shows until 9:45 and went up to bed, hoping to get a good night's sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...