Friday, June 30, 2023

Easily Pleased

7:05

9:15

It's 7:30 on another morning of haze/smoke the AQI of 162. The lake is starting to heat up for the 4th of July weekend, as a couple of ski boats were out already, hoping to beat the crowd and waves. It was a hazy/smoky paddle and I was out for forty minutes and I should have worn a mask. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Haze/Smoke

Yesterday was another normal day, the kind I like. I got in a good paddle, before breakfast in Bemus, came home and finished the blog, then drove to Lakewood for a Yin Yoga class. It was so crowded I almost didn't find a place. The mantra from Wednesday's class was " easily pleased" which I  would like to think fits me pretty well or at least it did once upon a time. After class, I stopped at Home Depot to pick up a couple of things then drove home. 

Evie was lounging in the side yard, enjoying the sun after mowing the front half of our yard. Lunch was her vegetable soup and a salami sandwich. I watched my series, then tried to nap but napping lately is not for me. I joined Evie in the side yard, read some,  and both of us were happy to just enjoy a sunny afternoon with a light breeze, the quiet before the weekenders arrive. Evie finished up the lawn and we then had a glass of wine on our front porch. Earlier, Evie had seared some pork ribs, added sauerkraut, and tomatoes, and put it in the oven for an hour.  Just before dinner, she mashed some potatoes and we had one of our favorite dinners, pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. Both of us had seconds, leaving just enough for my lunch today. And we binged on The Americans once again before going up to bed to read. I finally finished my book, The Covenant of Water, a slog at times, but I enjoyed it. It follows three generations in India. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...