Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Overcast And Drizzle

6:24

8:17

We have not had many overcast, gray mornings lately so I enjoy the change,  It's a chilly 50º and because of the drizzle, no fishing boats are out yet. Well, I got out there and it drizzled most of the way, down to Sandy Bottom and back along Woodlawn. I didn't see any interesting birds, just a few mallards, and a single fishing boat. Although it's been drizzling on and off over the past 12 hours, we still have only gotten less than an inch of rain.

8:17

Paddling In Drizzle

Yesterday was one of those days where you want to do things but you are not sure what. So I did the things that are usually done and started the day with a long paddle, always a good way to start my day. I then had a leisurely coffee with Evie and we discussed our fun weekend with Jill and the family. By 10:30, I was out trimming our rhododendrons in the front yard, a request of Evie's. If they get too tall, we can't see the lake through our front windows. Once I was done, I trimmed a few wild shoots, growing among the privets. And I checked on my boat, taking off the cover, starting it up, and using the bilge to get rid of the rainwater. Everything seems fine, ready for the summer. 

Evie had a hair appointment at 1:15 but before she left, she made me a quesadillas for lunch and I watched the second half of the Nuggets championship game. Neither team played well but Denver had Jokic which was the difference. After the game, I read some, tried to nap and finished my Dismas Hardy novel and started looking for something new to read on my library's Libby App. It's amazing how I can get a book to read in less than a minute. I wonder what's going to become of libraries as books go digital. 

Evie was home by 3:00 and I helped her unpack then took a couple more pails of deadfall and leaves up the hill, mostly because I wanted something to do. Around 4:30 or 5:00, it started to rain while Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters. They like to make fun of my blog, the sameness of it. What can I say? My days don't change much and I love being home. We celebrated our return and the rain with a block of good cheese and a Manhattan. Around 7:00, we had dinner, a medley of veggies Evie roasted earlier with a marsala sauce over rice which was really quite tasty, even though it lacked the usual chicken because Wegman's was out of rotisserie chicken when Evie went shopping, We watched the usual which is getting boring and went up to bed earlier than usual. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...