Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A Four Great Blue Heron Morning

5:30

6:23

8:15

It's 6:30 as I start this, having been up for over an hour. The sun has risen, partially obscured by haze on a 60º morning. I have quickly perused Facebook, the NYTimes, and Washington Post, none of which have much of interest, just the same old thing. I hope to be out on the lake soon, dead calm, at the moment. It's just after 8:00 and I was out for a good hour, along Woodlawn, across to the Bathhouse, back to Sandy Bottom and home and I shot four herons in different areas, a good morning. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Campground Heron

Long Point

Osprey At Sandy Bottom

Heron Above The Reeds

Yesterday was not the best of days. I woke early, kayaked and planned on going to yoga but got a doctor's appointment in Westfield because of my annoying cough of the past four weeks. Of course, he's puzzled by it and gave a heavy dose of steroids to see if that might help. I hope so because I am fed up with coughing jags, off and on during the day. I picked up a sub on the way home at the Lighthouse, so I had an easy lunch. 

When I returned home, Evie was off shopping at Wegmans because it was 5% Tuesday. I had my sandwich and watched another episode of Friday Night Lights, then tried to nap but to no avail. Evie was home by 2:00 and we both relaxed.  Because of the heat and the ten minutes downpour, we had no desire to get outside and do anything and it was only June. What will August bring? At 3:30, I drove to Hawthorne Hill, my good friend Jack's home on 60 acres, high above Chautauqua Lake on the ridge. Four of us were getting together to have beers on a fine afternoon. We laughed and complained until 5:45 and then headed home, glad we were able to get together. 

Some Of The Guys

Amish Horses On Jack's Field

View Through The Pergola

Evie had dinner ready, the third night for our pasta with sweet Italian sausage and zucchini. Still good, but I am glad that's the end of it for a while. We watched our shows, of course, and are still stuck on ER for another couple of weeks as well as The Americans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...