Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Home

7:14

Well, it's great to be sitting in my living room, even if it's overcast and drizzling out.  It's 62º and the forecast suggests rain most of the day.  It's 9:25 as I finish this. I did get in a brief 25-minute paddle but had to cut it short because it began to pour. 

Kayak Morning

There's not much to say about yesterday's stay in the hospital. I saw the cardiologist around 8:00, just as I was starting to eat breakfast. He wanted me to get a cardioconversion Tuesday but I asked if I could just have it that day. Since I had not really started to eat or drink, he said I could if I didn't eat or drink anything the rest of the day. Evie arrived to sit with me around 9:00, driving through a thunderstorm on her way. We spent the day on our devices, or I was napping, nothing too exciting. The nurses were fine, always willing to help in any way they could. 

Around 3:00, I was taken down to the cardiology lab. They put ice packs on my back, then put me under for just five minutes as they zapped me with an electrical paddle, which put my heart back in rhythm. I was under so I felt nothing, just waking up wondering where I was for a moment. I liked both the nurse and cardiologist and they asked all about my life. This is the second or third time I have had a traveling nurse. 

They then took me back to my room where I ordered some food and drink and we waited to be released and allowed to go home. At about 5:00, we were on our way home to the lake. We were both hungry by 6:30 and Evie microwaved the leftover enchiladas from Sunday night, so we had a tasty and easy dinner. We watched a new series called The Split on Hulu, about a couple of divorce lawyers in Great Britain. We both went to bed early. 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...