Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Morning Smoke And Haze

Bald Eagles Enjoying Breakfast

6:43

9:18

It's 7:00, hazy, 53º and I have been up for a half hour. A few boats or rather pontoons boats are out since they seem to be the most popular watercraft on the lake. My watch just congratulated me for meeting my sleeping goal of seven hours. Yippee. It's now 9:30 and still smoky, a result of forest fires in Canada I suppose. I did have a great paddle, 70 minutes, and photographed three or four bald eagles, a rare morning shoot on the lake.

Kayaking To Tom's Point

A Pair Of Bald Eagles At Tom's Point

Eagle At Bootey Bay

A Common Merganser Pair

As I look back at yesterday, it's difficult to remember my day although I know I was busy outdoors much of the day. The one thing I can remember is a long paddle but no herons or ospreys or eagles, just a few mallards along the shoreline. O, yea, now I remember. I spent a good hour plus working on replacing the boards on our dock. First, I got out a workbench and power saw, then cut up three 40-inch boards to replace the worn-out dock pieces. I then went out on the dock, pried up the old pieces, then got out my new drill, and screwed the new boards in place. That took me to lunchtime when Evie made me a couple of cheese sandwiches and heated up some of her vegetable soup. I watched the first half of the Nugget's loss to the Heat from Sunday night. Evie was busy most of the morning, too, in her garden, either watering or weeding, or planting. 

Early afternoon, we both relaxed, either in the house or out on a chaise lounge. It was surprisingly cool and I wore a fleece when not working. Around 3:30, we both got busy and I worked on cutting down the tall weeds/trees that grow among the privets. I also spent time trimming our red twigs and privets on our neighbor's side of the fence. I had quite a pile of clippings so I filled the back of my Outback with them and took them up the hill. And that was it for the day. We both had enough by 5:30 and looked forward to sitting on our front porch with a glass of wine. We were hungry and looking forward to a moussaka dinner that Evie had put together on Sunday so all she had to do was bake it. We loved it, along with rolls and a salad. The dessert was vanilla ice cream with cherries, a treat. We watched the usual on Hulu and we are still not able to get Netflix.  A good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...