Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Another Boring Sunny Morning

7:08

9:09

It's 7:30 and I was up later than usual, at 7:00. Yippee. Lots of sunshine in the living room, some light clouds and wind, and 60º. It's 9:20 and I just finished paddling for forty-five minutes, along Woodlawn, over to the Bathhouse, along Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom, and home, a good way to start my morning. 

Kayak Morning

Another Osprey Hanging Out

Yesterday was a lousy day for me as I went to two doctors' offices to little avail. The day, however, started out well, with a decent paddle but no birds. When I returned, the three of us sat around with our coffee, my sister in Ellen in no hurry to drive home. Around 9:30, Evie made the two of us scrambled eggs with bagels, and by 10:00, Ellen was on her way home to Virginia, alas. It was a fun four days. Once she was gone, I set up our watering system, whereby we take water from the lake to water the privets in the front yard and Evie's garden in the backyard. We lower a sump pump into the lake and connect it to the house with an extension cord and it works great. Evie sat outside, enjoying the shade, and moved the hose from one privet to another for an hour or two. And before she got started, I sprinkled fertilizer under each bush, hoping to make them nice and green.

By 12:30, I was hungry and heated up a Thai ramen I bought from Costco which was not very tasty alas. I also heated up a hot dog from Monday's dinner in the microwave for a mediocre lunch and watched the last quarter of the Heat defeat of the Celtics on Monday night.  Around 1:45, I drove to Jamestown, to Spectrum Eyecare for them to have a look at my eye. Supposedly, I have a virus, thus the antibiotic eye drops were useless. I left with a heating pad for my eyes, which the doctor suggested would help some. I then stopped at  Runnings to browse their clothes and waste time since I had an appointment in Westfield with my PA at 3:45. I then drove to Tops, and exchanged five-gallon water bottles. As I said my appointment in Westfield was at 3:45 but I did not get to see the doctor until 4:30 and did not show my pissed-offedness. He had little to say about my five-week cough but made sure it was not pneumonia. I suggested an inhaler which had helped me a couple of years ago so he found one in his office and gave it to me. Two puffs, once a day and I hope it will help. 

I was home by 5:30 and Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters. I connected the Kia to the house electricity then enjoyed a glass of wine until dinner. Evie had put together a pasta sauce with mushrooms and the leftover fried eggplants. With a salad, we had an easy dinner and watched our shows with little enthusiasm for some reason, both ER and The Americans and went to bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...