Saturday, June 17, 2023

A Sunny Morning Haze

 

6:31

It's 6:50 and I have been up for only a half hour. The sun is up but there's another high air quality index for the area, thus the haze. It's 54º and will get up into the high 60s later in the day as it's almost summer. It's after 9:00 as I finish the blog, after an hour and a half paddle over to Tom's Point and home.

Preening At Sandy Bottom

Osprey High In Victoria Pines

Friday was a strange day because we both had doctor's appointments in Jamestown, the last for a while I hope. Evie had a test and I had a follow-up appointment, but neither was a big deal. Mine wasn't until 10:20 so I was able to get in a good paddle but Evie's was at 8:00 so she was off to Jamestown by 7:20. She returned home just as I was leaving. 

My appointment lasted ten minutes, five with the PA and I was on my way home, stopping only for gas. While I was gone, Evie was busy making a couple of baked zitis to freeze and pull out when our kids get here in early July. She likes to be prepared. As usual, she made a mess that I was happy to clean up because she took time out to make me a couple of salami sandwiches for lunch. I watched another episode of Friday Night Lights and though I saw the series twice, I still enjoy it. The rest of the afternoon we did a few odd jobs, none worth mentioning. 

The Birthday Girl

By 6:00, however, we were both showered and ready to go out to celebrate Linda's birthday at Brazils, in Westfield. We picked them up and had seats reserved at the bar, always our favorite place to sit. Brazils was hopping so it was fun to be there. We ordered our drinks, Evie a golden Margarita, the rest of us a beer, with wine with our dinner. We also had a couple of appetizers before our dinners and everything was good. Brazils is a good choice and we have been going there a couple of times a year for a good ten years. We left around 9:10 and drove home as the day waned. It was a fun way to spend a Friday night, with good friends, good food, and a glass or two of Malbec, Linda's favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...