Saturday, July 1, 2023

Not Too Bad Of A Morning

Evie's Garden

8:59

Well, it's 9:14 as I start the blog, on a partly cloudy morning, and the air quality is a bit better than yesterday.  It's 64º at the moment, may get up to 80º, and may even rain. I got in a good paddle, over 70 minutes in a light southerly wind, making it an easy paddle.

Kayak Morning

North

Preening

Yesterday was another busy but good day even though I did not have yoga. So I got in a long paddle on a smoky morning, wondering if I should have worn a mask it was that bad. After breakfast and a walk around the neighborhood, we got busy upstairs, putting window air conditioners in each bedroom and the downstair TV room. Once we were done, Evie was happy as we finished another task on her to-do list. 

Got An Itch

After that, I decided to do some cutting of lake weeds, getting our swimming area ready for the arrival of our family on Wednesday. So I lathered up with sunscreen, grabbed my weed rake and a basket to put in the cut weeds, and worked for a good forty-five minutes. Fortunately, this early in the year, the weeds are not too bad so I made quite a bit of progress. Once I was done, I took a quick dip to freshen up and sun-dried on our dock, the good life.

Lunch was the leftover pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes and I watched my series. I then tried to nap, to no avail, and came downstairs to read as Evie decided to mow the lawn. Our garage was a mess and one area was wet, a result of heavy rain so I took everything out and left it that way hoping the floor would dry. At about 3:30, we talked about getting ready for family and decided it would make sense for me to head to Wegmans and buy sixteen gallons of water for our water cooler as well as pop and beer, the heavy stuff. The store was crowded with shoppers, their carts groaning with stuff for the holiday.

When I came home, I unpacked everything and decided to cool off, and took another dip in the lake. I then took a quick shower and by 6:30, we were both enjoying drinks and appetizers on our front porch, happy with what we accomplished during the day. For dinner, Evie pulled out a pasta sauce she made, with mushrooms and Italian sausage, and served it over rigatoni. It was delish. We then watched, what else, a couple of episodes of The Americans before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...