Friday, March 31, 2023

Yippee

8:12

It's 7:42, overcast, and light rain or flurries are predicted on a 36º morning. Rafts of mergansers have been floating by, diving for weeds. It looks like it will be like this, overcast and cool, most of the day. It's 9:30 and I avoided drizzle or flurries and paddled for forty-five minutes, on a gray lake, with a light, southerly wind.

Kayak Morning

Paddling South

Yesterday was a striking contrast to today, with sun and blue skies most of the day. It seems to be a pattern, one day of sun, the next of gray. Anyways, I didn't get in an early paddle because of breakfast in Bemus but made up for it later in the day, when I couldn't resist the blue waters in the afternoon. After breakfast, I went to yoga in Lakewood, a good class with a former teacher, Jen. After class, I drove to Jamestown to pick up completed taxes and was happy to see both state and federal governments owed me money. I then to did a quick stop at Wegmans before driving home. 

Flying A Turkish Flag

Evie had been busy prepping a few things for our dinners. Lunch was the last of the leek/potato soup and half a burger, leftover from our dinner at Guppy's on Wednesday night. I finally finished my show and it's clear they expected to have a second season by the way it ended but it was canceled. Like most of the afternoons, we both took it easy, getting a few housekeeping things done, reading, and watching some TV. By 3:30, however, as I mentioned above, I had to get out on the lake since it was such a beautiful afternoon. I chased mergansers down to Sandy Bottom and back and was out for forty-five minutes.

Kayak Afternoon

At 6:00, I talked with Brad at the North Harmony Township, who is head of zoning. I wanted to clarify what kinds of variances we might need if we were to build either a garage or a carport. I was home by 6;30 and Evie had a chicken and veggie stir fry ready and rice. Dinner was a nice change from burgers and fries. We watched a new thriller on Netflix called The Night Agent and got through two episodes before returning to the tried and true, Jeopardy and ER. 

We were both happy to see Trump was indicted but worry about how the Maga cult reacts. They are angry, misinformed, hyped up by Fox News each night, and not averse to violence as 1/6 made clear and we could be looking at sustained disorder, even bloodshed, a harbinger of the results of polarized politics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...