Friday, March 24, 2023

Overcast But No Rain

African Dinner And Song

9:24

It's 8:00 and after I finish this, I hope to kayak before the winds pick up. It's going to get up into the 40s although 29ยบ at the moment. I doubt if we will see the sun but at least it's not supposed to rain. It's late, 9:45 as I finish this blog. I did kayak for forty-five minutes but saw no waterfowl of interest.

Kayak Morning

A Bit Of Sun

Yesterday was a good day, starting with breakfast in Bemus but no kayaking. We like the Lake Life Cafe better than the more popular Bemus Point Inn. After breakfast, I drove home in the drizzle which followed me most of the day. I left for yoga at 9:40 and had the Yin class at 10:00. I needed it, the more relaxing postures and long holds to make up for the previous more demanding classes. I needed to pick up some prescriptions at Wegmans so I did a quick pick-up and then went across the street to Aldi's to pick up a few things before heading up in, yep, drizzle and gray.

Evie had lunch ready for me, two great eggplants, cheese, and tomato sandwiches, and a bowl of her veggie soup. I am still watching my series set in Bombay and wonder when and how it will end. Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon although Evie had a busy morning while I was at yoga. I am really into my Dismas Hardy book but briefly napped. I also had a couple of phone calls, one with Nan, our financial advisor to discuss fun things like wills, trusts, power of attorneys, and end-of-life decisions. The other was with Highmark, our medical insurance, to straighten out a bill. Around 4:00, Evie worked out on her rebounder for an hour and because of the drizzle, I took a turn for a half hour and found it challenging, especially keeping up with the rhythm of the beat from Evie's playlist on Apple music. 

Late Afternoon Fog

By 5:30, we were once again showered and ready to go out to dinner with our neighbors, Barb and Jim. A fairly new local restaurant called, unfortunately, Music For Your Mouth, offers an ethnic dinner once a month and Thursday it was African Night. It was inspired by one of their employees from Togo and his wife. 

Visitors From Togo

The restaurant was decorated with African clothes and paraphernalia which gave it a cool vibe. I wish I could say we enjoyed our meal but I cannot. The six courses were edible at their best. Still, we had a good time and it was fairly busy for a Thursday night. Before going out, Evie looked up Togo and found that the country was best described as sad. We laughed thinking that might have been because of their cuisine. We were home by 8:30 and watched our usual shows and some March Madness until 10:00 and went up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...