Saturday, March 4, 2023

Wintry Mix And Windy

7:00

Windy And Rough Lake

It's 7:10 and I have been up since 6:00, listening to the wind howl, and watching the waves roll in on a snowy morning. It's 36ยบ and the snow may last for an hour or two and then will let up. Obviously, I will not be kayaking this morning, just hanging out on the couch, and enjoying a second cup of coffee, waiting for Evie and my sister Ellen, to wake. 

Yesterday started well with kayaking for an hour, over to Tom's Point and back. We then straightened both upstairs and downstairs because my sister, Ellen, was stopping for a night or two after a week in Euclid. I, of course, thought the house was fine but Evie wanted both upstairs and downstairs vacuumed and made guest ready. I guess it's a good thing we have friends or family over; otherwise, we might not vacuum for a couple of weeks. I assume it's that way with most people. Then, the day began to degrade. Besides housework, Evie managed to put together a tray of Napoeons, with custard, whipped cream, puff pastry dough, Yum.

I went out to make sure the Outback battery was charged only to find it had died once again. So I called AAA for the second time in two days and the same guy came by and charged the battery so I could start the car. I called my mechanic and he said to bring it over and he would check it out. Just as Evie was going to follow me to the mechanics and pick me up, our electrician came by to finish up setting a 220 outlet so we could charge our new Kia Plug In. 

So we drove to Lakewood, dropped off the Subaru, and returned, just as my sister arrived from Euclid. It was great to see her, and we had lunch. Evie's soup and toasted cheese sandwiches while the electrician finished up the job. We then gathered the charging cord from the car plugged it in and it seemed to charge for a moment, but then stopped, We played around with it but none of us could figure out what was wrong. I even called the dealer but they were no help. Finally, we gave up until another day as it started to rain, then snow. What a downer. I just hope we can find a solution.

My mechanic called to say the car was ready, and that the battery was under warranty so he was able to put in a new one. Evie drove me on a nasty afternoon, snow and ice, and I picked up the car and we both came home, driving carefully because of the icy roads. 

Dinner With My Sister, Ellen

The three of us then relaxed until the happy hour when we had appetizers and drinks. Around 6:00, Evie made a chicken piccata, a salad, and rice and we had an easy and tasty dinner. Dessert was Napoleon's while we watched a fairly new film on Apple+, The Fabelmens, written and directed by Stephen Spielberg, about his early life as a burgeoning filmmaker. As a young man, he faced disgusting antisemitism from the typical school jocks. The film ended just as he quit college and started a career at a movie studio. I would give the film a B, a bit boring for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...