Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Manic Weather Afternoon


Happy Twentieth Birthday To Our Granddaughter, Marlena


7:21

It's 7:14 and the sun should be rising shortly on a surprisingly clear morning on the lake. The heavy winds from yesterday have abated as have the rain, drizzle, and a few flurries. It's also cooled down to the 30s from the 50s yesterday, a fickle Spring. Now that the sun is up, I can see rafts of mergansers cruising by, looking for breakfast. It's 7:455, time to get ready for a paddle on a sun-drenched lake. It's 9:30 as I finish this up after an hour + paddle, down to the Powerboat Club, back to the campground and home, a great morning on the lake.

Kayak Morning

Blue Sky North

Victoria/Woodlawn

A Rambling Muskrat

Wood Ducks

Floating By

Saturday was typical for us although the weather was not. I was up early but because of the winds and waves, I  did not venture out on the lake. So we had an easy morning, with nothing either of us had to do, no yoga, just the Saturday trip to the Transfer Station with our trash. I didn't head there until late, 11:00, dropped off our trash on a busy day, and then drove into Lakewood to do some errands.

When I returned home, Evie was finishing a pot of leek and potato soup for our lunches. I had a bowl to go along with my chicken salad sub from the Lighthouse and watched another episode of the seemingly never-ending series Shantaram although the novel was 900 pages as I recall. Because of the inclement weather, we spent the rest of the day inside. There was lots of basketball to watch and I finished my Dismas Hardy novel and started I Have Some Questions For You by Rebecca Makkai. 

5:28

Threatening At 5:38

Rainbow At 5:40

Rainbow Above Warner Bay

It's difficult to describe the weather during our happy hour because the photos we took give a clearer picture of the changing sky and lake. So as we enjoyed appetizers and Manhattans, we constantly marveled at the changing weather, getting up and walking out to take another photo of a rainbow, the clouds, the threatening sky, and even snow flurries. For dinner, we had leftover eggplant and banana cake and watched a few shows. We also watched March Madness off and on, depending on the teams and the game times. It was an interesting day of Chautauqua weather.

7:16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...