Monday, March 6, 2023

A Touch Of Light On A Gray Morning


6:55

7:03

7:09

It's 7:40 and I have been up for an hour, enjoying the sun attempting to break through the overcast sky. It's 29º, the lawn has a layer of frost and the lake is inviting, gray but calm. It's after 9:00 as I finish this up. I paddled for an hour, over to Long Point and tried to paddle around the point to Bemus Bay but was stopped by an ice floe so I had to head back across the lake to the reeds. There I spotted an eagle, took photos of him, then shot a few more when he flew off to the top of a pine tree in Victoria. Finally, I was able to spot a bald eagle and get a decent photo.

Long Point


Kayak Morning

Bald Eagle

Perched Above The Reeds

Top Of A Victoria Pine

A Raft Of Mallards

Sunday was a bit different since neither of us wanted to go for a walk in the Chautauqua Institution. After kayaking and breakfast, Evie had things she wanted to get done so I went for a forty-five-minute walk in our woods, wet and muddy at times but still bracing. When I returned, Evie had dinner and dessert made and the table was set because Linda and Ron were coming for dinner. I was not very hungry for some reason so I had canned soup and a couple of slices of a baguette which was just right. 

Hiking The Woods

View Of Victoria/Woodlawn

Victoria/Woodlawn

In our neverending attempt to charge the battery on our new car, I tried the 110 sockets, and viola, it began to charge, the only problem...it would take 24 hours. We left it in for six hours, and it's 35% charged. If the 220 outlets worked, it would only take four hours. So we have to get that worked out today by visiting the Kia dealer to see if they can solve the problem.

Much of the afternoon I spent either reading or watching some basketball on TV. The NBA game between Dallas and Phoenix was amazing with four players scoring in the 30s or 40s. Around 4:30, I showered and Evie worked out for close to an hour on her rebounder. By 6:00, everything was ready and Linda and Ron arrived.

We enjoyed Margaritas along with salsa, queso, and tortillas chips, kind of a Mexican theme. Dinner started with a salad with a Southwestern Dressing that Evie put together. For our main course, Evie made Santa Fe chicken, with hominy, sweet potatoes, and green salsa. We finished the dinner with a Tres Leche cake topped with whipped cream. It was a great dinner and another Sunday with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...