Saturday, March 11, 2023

Winter, Finally

6:40

7:55

Well, if it looks like winter, it must be winter. As I look out our front window, I see eight to ten inches of fresh snow, a windy, gray, morning on the lake. It's 26ยบ and too windy to kayak alas. I was hoping the wind had calmed down overnight. 

Friday was a strange day for us, especially this winter. For once, it snowed practically all day and made it difficult for us to get outside for a hike or walk. The snow was blowing with such force that it would not have been fun. So we basically spent the day inside, wishing we could get out. Our morning routine did not change much, with getting up early, then coffee, and writing the blog. Coffee time was over by 10:00 and Evie got busy putting together a beef stew, searing the meat and veggies before putting them in a crock pot for the day. I was at sixes and sevens because I am not used to staying inside during the morning. I did finish my book and started another which I think I will like called Age Of Vice by Deepti Kapoor. It takes place in India in modern times. By 11:30, I figured out what to do...get a haircut. So Evie got out the scissors and electric razor and gave me a much-needed shearing in the TV room. Afterward, I took a shower and felt great. Nothing like a haircut and shower to make you feel good. 

At 12:30, Evie made me a couple of fish sandwiches with mayo and hot sauce and heated up the mushroom barley soup. I watched Shantaram and the setting is amazing, in the slums of Mumbai. They are unbelievable. It's worth watching this series just to see them, the utter poverty. I relaxed, read, and napped on and off for much of the afternoon. At 3:30, Evie decided to get in a good workout on the rebounder so I went outside to clear the driveway. I was shocked at how much-wet snow had fallen and it took me over an hour to clear it off the cars and driveway.

Dinner was fairly easy for Evie, so we were able to enjoy a glass of wine as the snow finally began to ebb. We had beef stew with mashed potatoes, a salad, and rolls. Yum. We hoped to watch a film called Aftersun on Prime but it kept breaking up and returning us to the beginning. We finally gave up and watched another episode of Dear Edward, then Real Time With Bill Maher. And we had another bowl of butter pecan ice cream, which is becoming our favorite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...