Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Windy, Gray, And Flurries

Dusk, Monday, At 7:28

Dawn, Tuesday At 7:22

Flurries At 8:15

It's 8:00 and I have been up since 6:45, watching the morning turn from dark to gray, now the sky is filled with snow flurries. It's 22ยบ and no morning for old men kayaking. I will go to yoga at 9:30, however, my first chore of the day. I supposedly have a follow-up appointment in Ohio with my cardiologist but I doubt if I will go because of the weather, typical March. 

Yesterday was a strange Monday as always because I don't have yoga in the morning so I am always at sixes and sevens, not sure what to do with myself. Fortunately, the lake was calm, and I was able to paddle for close to 50 minutes despite the cold. By 10:00, I decided to do something so I made up the reason, picking up a prescription at Wegmans which got me out of the house. First, I stopped and picked up some vermouth, then did a quick run through Wegmans, getting my prescription and a few other things. On the way home, I stopped at Ryders Cup, thinking the regulars might be there and they were. So we gabbed until noon when we all headed out. 

When I returned, Evie had been busy of course and best of all, had made a pot of matzo ball soup for lunch to go along with a leftover hoagie from Saturday. So I was happy to have a tasty lunch as I watched my series, set in the slums of India. The afternoon went as usual, with my taking a nap and reading until 3:30. When Evie went upstairs to work out on her rebounder, I decided to get in a forty-five-minute walk through a desolate, winter campground. Despite the cold and flurries, it felt good to be out in the cold air. 

Chautauqua Campground's Chapel In The Woods

When I returned, Evie had showered and was ready for a glass of wine before making dinner. It's always surprising how light the late afternoon is after we change to daylight savings time. So we put off dinner until 6:30, a couple of burgers on potato rolls and a cold broccoli and bacon sala.. Yum. We watched our usual, Hometown, Jeopardy, and another episode of The End Of Us before ending with an HGTV show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...