Sunday, March 5, 2023

A Dreary Sunday Morning

7:33

Not much about this morning to like. It's damp, gray, and windy, and was not much fun to be out on the lake for a half hour, although I made it down to Sandy Bottom and back, but I did it.  It's now 9:25, and Evie, lucky gal, just got up.

Kayak Morning

Shades Of Gray

Saturday was a good morning. I was up early, then my sister Ellen, at the lake for a day,  came down, and we had a good talk for at least an hour before Evie got up. She wanted to be on her way to Virginia by 11:00, so Evie made her breakfast while she got organized and I cleaned the snow and ice off of her car. She was anxious to get home and we know that feeling so she was off by 10:45 and the roads were fine.

After she left, I gathered the trash and was off to the Transfer Station while Evie started some prepping for tonight's dinner with Linda and Ron. By noon she was practically done so I cleaned up the kitchen while she made me lunch. She heated up the leftover scalloped potatoes and ham, top it with a couple of eggs and I had a delicious lunch.  I watched some basketball as well as another episode of Troubled Blood. Once that was finished, I was happy to get back to my book, another Dismas Hardy novel, knowing I would also fall asleep. 

By 3:30, however, I was on my way to Wegman's because Evie needed a few things for our dinners this week and I was happy to do something other than sit on the couch and read. It was busy as always but I was fairly quick and home by 4:30. Ironically, the lake had calmed down and if I felt up to it, it would have been good for a paddle, a contrast to the morning's rough seas. We enjoyed a brief happy hour before Evie heated up the leftover chicken piccata and made a salad and that was our dinner. We watched another episode of Dear Edward but were disappointed in it, boring and unnecessary. We ended the night with another Jeopardy and started a new series we think we will like, on Apple TV, called Shrinking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...