Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Sunny, Blue Skies, And Chilly

7:00

7:14

Another fine morning here on the lake. The sun rose about fifteen minutes ago so the living room is filled with light. There's still frost on the lawn because it's 29ยบ at the moment. I got in a 50-minute paddle and was rewarded with some great photos of wood ducks, the only ducks to perch in trees. 

Kayak Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn

Into The Sun

Wood Ducks In A Tree

A Beautiful Couple

A Striking Male

Yesterday felt like Spring, with lots of sun and a crispness to the air. I paddled for close to an hour, wearing a stocking hat and mittens to keep warm. After kayaking, I had breakfast and finished the blog then drove to Lakewood to a Yin yoga class. I left the class with my hips aching from holding a position too long. I stopped at Ryders Cup and spent a good half hour with the guys. Interestingly, I found out Paul and I have mutual friends who live in Akron. He spent a couple of years living there in the early 1980s while going to law school with a couple of my friends, a small world. 

When I got home, Evie had a wrap and a bowl of soup ready for my lunch because she had already taken off to do some shopping before getting her hair trimmed at 1:00. Now that we once again have the luxury of two cars we can do things like that. I watched the penultimate episode of Shantaram so I will finish it today at lunch. Yippee, After lunch, I napped briefly and read but by the time Evie returned, I was ready to do something outside. 

Tuesday Afternoon

So I spent a good hour raking the deadfall in our yard and took two garbage cans of twigs up the hill to the wood pile. It felt good to be outside, doing some Spring stuff. I even put away the snow shovels in the attic of the garage and brought down some gardening stuff and wouldn't you know it, flurries are forecast for later today. 

Ron and Linda are back from their week in California so they picked us up at 6:00 and drove us to Steeners for their steak special. This is becoming a Tuesday tradition. It was packed because they were having a party but we were able to find a booth. All four of us ordered the steak and fries and they were great, tender, and flavorful. They stayed with Linda's sister who lives in Palo Alto and took advantage of road trips from there, the highlight being the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It's good to have them back in town. We didn't get home until 8:30, in time to watch a couple of the usual shows before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...