Wednesday, March 1, 2023

A Brief Morning Sunrise

6:45

7:03

It's 7:22, windy and cold, and overcast although the sun briefly peaked through the cloud bank when it rose. The lake is too choppy to kayak and Malan, our tree guy will be here at 8:00 to get rid of our willow stump. It's 8:00, the guys are coming later, so I kayaked for forty minutes down to the Powerboat Club and back in a drizzle. When I neared the Powerboat Club, I saw a hawk in a tree, took a photo, then paddled slowly closer, hoping to get a better photo. Just as I started to take out my camera, I hit an ice floe and the sound of the crunch scared the hawk away, alas. 

Kayak Morning

A Kind, Gentle Sky!

First Hawk Of 2023

Yesterday was gray, windy, and bitterly cold because of the wind. It was too nasty to paddle, so I had a relaxing morning coffee and breakfast before driving off to yoga at 9:10. It was a good class, with lots of students and it felt great to get back to moving and stretching my body. Stopping for coffee and talking with a couple of regulars has become regular for me and I enjoy the gossip about what is happening in the village of Lakewood.

I was home by noon and Evie was ready to hit Wegman's for 5% Tuesday. For lunch, I opened a can of sardines, toasted some buns, and heated up a bowl of Evie's soup and was happy. I started the third season of J.K. Rowlings Cormorant Strike novels. This one is called Trouble Blood and I don't think I read it. Anyways, I really like this series and found out they have a couple of more seasons but they are not yet on HBOMax. After lunch, I was happy to get back to my book and, of course, fell into a deep sleep for a brief time, waking and wondering where I was. 

Evie returned around 3:30, the car groaning with groceries so it took a couple of trips to bring everything in the house. I helped put things away, then returned to my book for the rest of the afternoon until showering a 5:00 while Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters. 

Our neighbors, Pat and Dave, picked us up at 6:00 because we were going back to Steeners Pub in Greenhurst for their steak special. We were there last week as well and really enjoyed it. It was not busy so we were able to get our favorite round table towards the back of the restaurant.  We ordered our beers, then everyone got the two-steak special, either filet or Delmonico with french fries for $25.00. The steaks can be either great or so-so, depending on the week. My Delmonico was fine, but Evie's filet was not so good. Still, it's fun to get out during the week and enjoy being with friends. We were home by 8:30, in time to watch our shows, Jeopardy and ER, then some Kansas basketball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...