Tuesday, March 21, 2023

A Beautiful Spring Morning

7:23

7:29

It's 7:30, the sun has just risen, the sky is blue, the lake is calm and I have to get out there on the lake soon if I want to get in a paddle before going to yoga. It's 8:45 and I just returned from a half-hour paddle on a blue lake, the sky filled with sun and blue skies, a harbinger of Spring perhaps. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling North Towards Long Point

Victoria/Woodlawn

Mallards

Yesterday was another fine day except for the fact that I woke to a frozen lake and despite the sunshine, I was unable to kayak. So the morning was long, no kayaking and no yoga on Mondays. Evie didn't get up until 9:00 and we finished the blog by 9:30. I had what Medicare calls a wellness appointment in Mayville at 11:10 so I was off at 10:45, dropped some packages off at the UPS store, then had my appointment. I had a 30-minute wait of course so I didn't get out of the office until almost noon. I stopped at Tops grocery and picked up a few things for our dinners this week and was home by 12:30.

Monday Morning Seagulls On Thin Ice

Lunch was tomato sandwiches on sourdough bread and a bowl of ramen, easy and tasty. I watched my show and that was it until 3:30 when I wanted to get outside and get some exercise. Evie had worked out for over an hour on her rebounder so I wanted to keep up with her. I walked the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, as the snow was beginning to melt, the trails sometimes snowbound, sometimes just leaves. It felt good to be out there knowing this may be the last snow of the year. I know I have said that before.

Mostly Snow Covered Woods

Looking North

Around 5:30, we had happy hour, with crackers, cream cheese, and red pepper jelly, one of our favorites from our days at Reserve with the Armontrouts and DeGrays. Earlier, Evie had put together pasta with mushrooms and spinach, and we had a tasty, easy dinner. We watched the usual because we could not find a movie we liked.  It turned out to be a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...