Friday, March 3, 2023

TGIF

6:54

9:09

It's late because I was out kayaking for an hour, over to Tom's Point and back. Unfortunately, as I rounded the point, the lake was frozen so I had to turn around and head home. And I chased a bald eagle, twice pulling out my camera to photograph him but he flew off. I woke to a calm lake, with some color but now, at 9:20, it's windy and gray out, in the low 30s.

Bemuss Bridge

Paddling North Towards Long Point

Mergansers

Hooded Merganser

Yesterday was not a typical Thursday because decided to drive the Outback rather than our new car and when I tried to start it, I found the battery was dead. So I ended up driving to Bemus for breakfast in the Kia. Evie reminded me how lucky I was to have two cars! After breakfast, I came home, wrote the blog, and drove to Lakewood for a Yin Yoga class with Danielle, always crowded. After class, I stopped in Aldi's to pick up a few things for our dinners this weekend, then headed home. When I got home, I couldn't find Evie because she was upstairs working out on the rebounder with her headphones on. I called AAA and they had a car here to charge the battery within a half hour. I drove the car for about ten minutes, let it idle for another ten, and hope the battery is charged.

I then had lunch, leftover red beans and andouille sausage that I had taken out of the freezer early morning. I watched my show and Evie was ready to drive to Lakewood, to drop off clothes we no longer needed at the Salvation Army then did some shopping at Wegmans. She didn't get home until 3:30 just as I was starting a new book, Skippy Dies, set in a prep school. We put things away and then relaxed until wine time at 5:00. We decided to have a couple of ends of good cheeses with our crackers so it was a tasty late afternoon. 

We were happy to not fuss with dinner so we had Wednesday night's dinner, the scalloped potatoes and ham and it was just as good if not better than Wednesday's. I think we need a new series because we keep watching the same things each night until we get tired and go to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...