Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Windy, Sunny, With Blue Skies

6:38

6:51

8:14

I woke at 6:00 to a seemingly cloudy morning but by 7:00, the sun is up and the sky is blue. Unfortunately, it's quite windy and cold, 23ยบ, so I have no desire to go kayaking. Either I am getting smarter or lazy. It's 8:30 and I am sick of reading the news. The blog is done, waiting for Evie to wake and proofread it. And I still have an hour until I leave for yoga. I wish the lake was not so windy and rough so I could kayak and because of the sun, I had to change seats three times. Life is tough,  

Yesterday was a memorable winter day, one of the few we have had, with snow, lots of sun, and blue skies most of the day. We loved it. I didn't get in a paddle because of the ice floes but enjoyed a leisurely coffee until 9:10 when I headed off to yoga in Lakewood. We have a regular crew of four or five of us that show up most days. After class, I stopped for a coffee, and talked with Dave but was home by 11:30. Evie had been busy and most importantly, had a nice pot of mushroom barley soup simmering on the stove. I had that for lunch and she made me another veggie wrap with hummus and veggies. I watched another episode of Shantaram. It's decent, not great but I will stick with it. 

Afternoon Sun And Blue Skies

Woodlawn At 3:46 PM

I had my usual afternoon of reading and napping but by 3:30 we were both ready to get some exercise. I walked our woods for forty-five minutes and Evie worked out on her rebounder for close to an hour. So both of us felt righteous having gotten in a good workout or walk. At 5:00 Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters and by 6:30, we were enjoying our dinner, the last of the Chicken Santa Fe, with quina, cornbread, and a salad. We decided to give The End of Us another try and watched two more episodes. Nothing can prepare you for Episode Three's heartbreaking digression from the killing and murderous fungus that ravages the world. It diverts from the source material, a 2013 video game, and embellishes the relationship between a survivalist and a survivor. It is TV at its best and had us in tears. We then watched Jeopardy and an HGTV series before bed. 

7:18

As you can see, it was also a full moon night.

9:18

9:55


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...