Monday, March 27, 2023

Back To Gray Skies

7:06

9:21

It's late as I start this, 9:22 because I had to drive to Westfield for a test at 8:00 and just returned home, with breakfast and coffee from McDonald's as a reward for having to skip kayaking this morning. I may go out after the blog if it's not raining. Well, it rained and I came home soaked but it was worth it to get ou on the lake. Carpe diem.
Kayak Morning

In The Rain


Biking Rails To Trails

Yesterday, unlike Saturday and today, was filled with sun and blue skies. I got in a great paddle, for over an hour and just loved being out on the lake on such a beautiful morning. After the blog and breakfast, I did some yard work, picking up the deadfall from the past days of heavy winds. Evie was not up for a walk, preferring to work out on the rebounder, so I drove to Mayville, stopped at tbe grocery for a few things for the Asian soup Evie was going to make, and then run my bike for close to an hour, down Sea Lion Drive, around the south end of the lake and back to Mayville Park. It was a bit chilly because of the winds but I was able to photograph a couple of swans.

View Of Lake From Mayville

Swans

When I returned home, Evie was busy making a couple of things, waiting for Sesame oil for the miso carrot soup she was making. She had everything ready for a big breakfast a well, making avocado and egg bagels, fast becoming a favorite breakfast. I watched my show, then read some until the basketball game came on a 2:00 and spent much of the afternoon watching it, with time out for a brief nap and some reading when I got bored.

Dinner With Debi And Bud

We were going over to our neighbors, Debi and Bud's for dinner, so by 5:30, Evie had the soup made for an appetizer and we were both showered and ready. They have not been up much this winter because of the lack of snow so it was good to see them. We sat around their island after having Evie's soup, sipping wine, and watched Bud put together a delicious shrimp stirfry, with coconut milk, red peppers, and various Asian sauces. We had it over brown rice along with a salad and marinated sliced cucumbers and loved it. For dessert, we had mango sorbet, a perfect way to end an Asian meal. We sat around talking at the dinner table, catching up on their travels to Italy and Croatia until 9:30, and then walked home. What a great way to end a Sunday. 

Bon Appetit, Neighbor 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...