Thursday, March 2, 2023

Morning Mist

7:03

It's 7:20, a gray, wet morning on the lake. There's no wind and I should be out kayaking but I lacked the mojo and I have breakfast at 8:00, so here I sit, writing the blog.  There's no wind to speak of, a gray, shimmering lake, and 32ยบ. It's 9:20 as I finish this, after breakfast in Bemus. 

Yesterday was typical for March except for the blue skies in the afternoon. I woke to a brief sunrise, then clouds but got in a good forty-five-minute kayak. I then had breakfast and finished up the blog with Evie's help, of course, and was on my way to yoga by 9:40. Class was hard, as we combined yoga with various strength-building exercises. I came out tired and sore and I feel it this morning. Afterward, I stopped at Walmart, looking for a charging station that the Kia dealer mentioned they had. No luck. I then did some quick shopping, picking up rubber mats for the Kia, six times cheaper than the ones Kia sells. 

I was home enjoying a lunch of fried baloney sandwiches with soup by 12:45 and watched my show. Evie was busy rearranging the bedroom, to fit in her rebounder. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that the Amish guys ground up our willow stump, replaced a broken garage window, and spent much of the morning working. Now we have more space for parking and can contemplate building a garage. 

Since we both had busy mornings, we did not do much the rest of the afternoon. It felt good. As usual, I read and napped but by 3:30, it was so beautiful out, with lots of sun and a brilliant blue lake that I kayaked for about a half hour. Once I got out on the lake, I lost my mojo and found out it was windier than I thought but  I did it rather than sit on the couch. 

Kayak Afternoon

Setting Sun

Evie put together our dinners, a scalloped potato and ham casserole, popped it in the oven, and then joined me for a glass of wine and enjoyed the late afternoon sun and blue skies, the shadows filling our yard. Dinner was delicious, a perfect way to enjoy leftover ham. We watched Jeopardy, an HGTV show with Nate and Jerimiah, finishing the night with an ER. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...