Friday, March 10, 2023

Snowy Morning

7:26

8:04

It's 8:05 and I am listening to the podcast "Pop Culture Happy Hour" discuss the Academy Awards nominees. Everything, Everywhere, All At Once seems to be their favorite. At the moment the wind is howling, the lake is choppy and it's snowing and will continue much of the day. By the end of the day, we may have seven or eight inches. I was tempted to kayak, only tempted, 

Thursday was a better-than-average day because we had lots of sun and blue skies although it was somewhat tempered by the winter advisory. It was too windy to kayak but that was fine because I had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00. By 9:30, the blog was done and I was on my way to Yin Yoga in our Subaru, always a popular class. After class, I had coffee with Paul and a friend at Ryders Cup. The friend, at least my age, showed Paul a photograph of him on a knee at the Celeron American Legion, asking his girlfriend to marry him. Wow. What courage! 

When I returned, Evie was off shopping, the advantage I guess of having two cars. For lunch, I warmed up the leftover chicken wings in the oven and enjoyed them while watching another episode of Shantaran. I was surprised at how good the wings were. The rest of the afternoon I read and napped until Evie returned around 3:30. She was a busy gal, working out first at the YMCA, then shopping at both Wegmans and T. J. Maxx. I helped bring in all the stuff, then decided to get in a walk. I didn't want to drive anywhere so I compromised and went for another forty-minute walk through the campground and back. It's a nice change from the Woodlawn/Victoria woods. 

Moon Rising

Evie prepared our dinner at 5:00, a couple of haddock filets and then we relaxed with a glass of wine. By 6:30, Evie had fried up potatoes, made coleslaw, and baked the fish in our air fryer. I suggested watching an Academy Award-nominated film on Prime Video called Women Talking based on the novel by Canadian novelist Mirian Toews. For once, we loved the film and were wowed by the women's performances. Based on imagined responses to real events that happened in Canada, it is about a group of Mennonite women who have discovered the men have drugged, then raped them. They must decide whether to leave the community or stay. It's mostly talking with little action but it's riveting nonetheless. Watch it, 

Full Worm Moon At 10:06




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...