Thursday, March 16, 2023

A Colorful Dawn

6:49

7:26

7:34

7:36

It's 7:15 and I have been up an hour, taking photos of a morning sky of many colors, above a shimmering and partly frozen lake. It's 27ยบ and I can hear the honking of Canadian geese. 

Yesterday was an anomaly around here, a sunny day. What a surprise, a day of sunshine therapy. It was also windy so I was not able to kayak in the morning. I did go to yoga at 10:00 and surprise, six guys and one gal. Where did these guys come from? Where have they been in the past ten years? And after class, it was strange to walk outside in the sunshine. I stopped at Ryders for a coffee and talked with regular Dave for a while before heading home. When I got home, I hooked up the charger to my car and in two hours, the hybrid battery was full. Easy.

Lunch was easy, a couple of leftover peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which Evie made for me yesterday, and a bowl of matzo ball soup. I am still watching Shantaram, set in India, and wish I remember more of the book, published in 2005. The rest of the afternoon was the usual, except that Evie had a fun hour workout on the rebounder and I went for a short, half-hour walk up our hill to #394 and back. Evie also put together our dinner, a highly recommended miso mushroom pasta. Once that was done, we were able to relax with a Manhattan and some appetizers, to celebrate the beautiful blue afternoon.

4:31

We then had dinner and loved the pasta along with a cabbage salad. We watched another episode of The End Of Us and have two more to finish in Season One. We also watched Jeopardy and ER before tiring and going up to bed, to read some and hopefully sleep. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...