Saturday, April 1, 2023

A 50º And Sunny Morning

7:20

7:24

It's 9:30 as I start this after a good fifty-minute paddle where I mostly chased off rafts of buffleheads or mergansers. I was shocked to see how warm it was when I woke up and even more shocked when I looked at the next twenty-four hours. Tomorrow morning's temperature will drop 30º if the weather app is correct. 

Kayak Morning

Mostly Blue

A Common Merganser And Bufflehead

Male And Female Buffleheads

Friday was a day of large leisure because I did not have yoga and only kayaking in the morning. It was overcast much of the day and I was tired for some reason. By 10:30, however, I was off to do some shopping for Evie at Evans Wines and then Wegmans. It was a good day to shop because the checkout lines were fast. I did not linger and was home by 11:30, in time to see our neighbors, Kathy and Medio, up to check on the house and get some things for Joyce, their Mom. Lunch was more soup, carrot ginger and the leftover chicken stir fry and I finally finished my series or did I finish it the day before. I don't remember. We are having friends over for dinner so Evie had a busy morning, prepping some of the dinner and making a dessert.

By 2:00, however, we were both ready to relax and enjoy a leisurely afternoon of doing nothing. It felt good. I am into my book so that's how I spent much of the afternoon. We decided to get a pizza for dinner so I drove over to Bemus to pick up a pizza at Coppola's, under new ownership and it was busy. We enjoyed our pizza with a great Evie salad and watched the usual, ER and Jeopardy, and one more episode of The Night Agent. We looked forward to watching the Women's Semifinal, especially the play of Caitlin Clark but went to bed after the first half. I woke to see that Iowa defeated top-rated South Carolina so I will watch the rest of the game today, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...