Wednesday, March 22, 2023

A Calm, Gray Morning

7:32

It's 7:10 and I have been up since 6:30. I woke to a threatening sky but now some light has broken through the gray. The lake is motionless, a gray slate, and I cannot wait to get out and kayak before the wind picks up. It's almost 9:00 and I paddled for a good 45 minutes, over to Long Point and back to Sandy Bottom and home, on a calm, gray lake. I ran into numerous rafts of mergansers, out diving for breakfast. 

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Northern Sky

Into The Sun

Mergansers

A Couple

A Striking Male Merganser

Yesterday was an amazing beginning to Spring, and I took advantage of it with a trifecta, kayaking in the morning, yoga late morning, and a bike ride in the afternoon. I admit to feeling righteous. The day began with a quick paddle because I got a late start but still, the lake was like glass and the sun was out so what more could I ask for. I then left for yoga at 9:10 and had another rigorous class with Tara who seems to come up each class with something I have difficulty holding for a long. And I am sore the next day, a good sore however. After class, I stopped for a coffee, then drove to Jamestown to drop my taxes off at my tax guys' office. Since I was downtown Jamestown, I like to support the veggie restaurant called the Labrinth Press so I ordered a southwestern wrap which I like. 

Spring!

I then went home and Evie was gone shopping for the afternoon. I had my wrap and watched another episode of Shantaram, then relaxed and read and dozed until Evie returned home around 3:00. I helped her unpack, plugged in the car, and decided it was so nice out I would go for a bike ride. I fastened the hitch on my car, attached my bike, and drove off to Bemus Point. I park just beyond the bridge and then ride Lakeside Drive and Long Point State Park down to the point and back, about an hour's ride. It felt good to be outside, to be on a bike.

Long Point Trail

Mom, Baby, And Dog

I was home by 4:30, undid the plug-in on our Kia as it took two hours to charge, then read and watched TV while Evie had a zoom call with her sisters. For dinner, we had stuffed pork chops from Tops and they were quite good, along with a salad, baked potaatoes, and applesauce. We still have not found a new series so we stuck with the usuals, Jeopardy, Colbert, and an ER. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...