Tuesday, October 31, 2023

A Calm, Gray Morning

8:00

It's 8:30 as I start this and I have only been up since 8:00, a miracle since Evie was up before me. I woke too late to kayak if I wanted to go to yoga so I missed that on a windless lake. It's a chilly 33º and should we should get a high of 40º this afternoon, a harbinger of what's to come.

Yesterday was another open Monday for both of us, overcast and drizzling on and off during the day. It was raining hard when I got up so I skipped kayaking once again. So we had a long coffee time together until around 10:00 when I drove off to Lakewood, to Ryders Cup for a coffee with my friend, Paul. I then stopped at the bank, then drove over to the Kia dealer, and got another refresher course on all the bells and whistles in our Kia Sportage. Of course, I have forgotten half of what I learned already. I then stopped at Peterson's and picked up some veggies, a cauliflower, and Concord grapes for Evie.

Lunch was the last of the soup and hummus and veggie wrap and I watched my show. Because of the weather, we literally wasted the afternoon, with me reading or napping and Evie puttering around the house, rebounded, and watched a little TV.  No prepping dinner because we were going out. We finally made plans for our trip West to visit our kids so that took a load off my mind. 

Diane And Jack Celebrate Ava's Victory

We left the house just before 6:00 and drove to Chautauqua Lake School to watch our friends Jack and Diane's granddaughter play volleyball. She is a senior, the team leader, a spent a couple of weeks in Australia on a US volleyball team. Fortunately, they won in three close matches so it was a fun evening for all. We drove to Westfield for dinner at Colarco's Italian restaurant, about the only restaurant open around this area on a Monday night. We were one of three tables. We stayed until 8:30 and then drove home in the dark, keeping an eye out for deer. It's that time of year. We watched some TV, some football before going up to bed early, tired from a day of doing nothing. 

Colarco's Italian Restuarant, Opened In 1933


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...